RMI-25 Technical Specifications
The recommended time interval for adding RMI-25 to the cooling system is 300 hours of driving or 15,000 miles/yearly, whichever comes first. At that time, either re-treat or test for pH and follow the procedures below.
RMI-25 does not contain any harmful solids such as silicates, nitrates, borates or molybdates. Therefore, standard test materials (nitrite strips, etc.) are not applicable. You do however need to periodically check for the freezing protection of the Ethylene Glycol with a Hydrometer. 3.RMI-25 does not build up in the system and should be re-dosed at the recommended ratio of 8 oz. per 5 gallons of coolant at each interval, or whenever either of the following conditions exist:
(a)pH Test: pH of the cooling system should be 8.5 to 10 (alkaline) pH. This can be determined by dipping a standard Hot Tub type test strip into the coolant (which will also do the tests for Alkalinity), or you can use standard full range litmus paper for pH only. Immediately compare the color of the paper to the color chart provided with the litmus paper. If the color chart indicates a pH below 8, re-dose the system with RMI-25. When pH of the system drops into the acid range (below 7) electrolysis can occur. A system that becomes prematurely acidic may have exhaust gases leaking into the system. Test strips or litmus paper is available at pool supply stores, chemical or laboratory supply stores, or carpet cleaning supply stores. Note: the accuracy of test strips declines rapidly with age (usually after about six months). The pH testing alone will typically tell you what you need to know, but as a double checking method, separate checking for Alkalinity may be preferred. If combined pH/Alkaline test strips are not used, the procedure shown next is recommended.
(b)Voltage/Ohm Meter Test: An untreated or worn out coolant has the characteristics of a battery. You can use the lowest DC voltage scale on a voltmeter. Drop the negative lead into the coolant and ground the positive lead. The surge at the moment of grounding is the proper reading to observe, as the current will quickly drain off reducing your voltage reading. With this method, the reading on a hot engine will be 4 or 5 times greater than on a cold engine. The reading on a cold engine should be multiplied by a factor of 4. If this value approaches ½ volt or 5/10ths, re-dosing is recommended. RMI-25 is a cleaner as well as an inhibitor and a lubricant. Even if a cooling system is let go a little too long, it will eliminate rust spots or water scale before laying down a new metal protecting film. RMI-25 will emulsify rust and corrosion and make it harmless.
RMI-25 in Racing Applications
RMI-25 Cooling System Treatment has been used in racing of all types.
- Many tracks do not think very highly of crashes which may occur resulting in the spewing of a highly toxic contaminated anti-freeze coolant mixture on the raceway.
- The only time ethylene glycol (anti-freeze) should be considered is when there might be a danger of extremely cold weather which may damage the engine.
- Most racing situations do not even need the freeze protection of anti-freeze at all!
- Since it is non-toxic and biodegradable, it can be used in the cooling systems of virtually every type of racing vehicle and should be used in situations where there is a potential of damaging sensitive ecological environments……such as rally off-road racing.
- Anti-freeze actually reduces water’s natural ability to act as a coolant……that’s why most anti-freeze mixes call for 50/50 with water, anything over that reduces the cooling system’s efficiency!
- One of the ingredients in the formulation is a “surfactant.” Surfactants are more commonly referred to as “Water Wetters.”
- Other components include rust and oxidation inhibitors which protect the system from deposits which would attack the system.
- Also works great when using antifreeze – it keeps the entire cooling system clean reducing the possibility of hot-spots in the engine.
- Compatible with any ethylene glycol antifreeze.
We have many racing classes who have used and continue to use the product, a few of these are: Sprint Cars, Drag Cars, Stock Cars, and various SCCA cars. They do not use anti-freeze unless in a climate which the temperatures drop down below freezing. Compared to the “other” leading brand of cooling system treatment, RMI-25 just plain outperforms it, and it is non-toxic and bio-degradable…….just look at the labels of other products, including those which are branded store labels and see for yourself! “If it is water cooled, it needs RMI-25!”
RMI-25 in Heavy Duty Equipment
Instructions for changing over from supplemental coolant additives in heavy duty trucks and equipment utilizing water filters One of the advantages of using RMI-25 Cooling System Treatment is that it is so simple and easy to use. For applications calling for the use of water filters in diesel trucks and equipment, it takes the guesswork out of doing it right, or in other words “which pre-charged filter do I use?” The answer is “none of them!” With RMI-25, you have everything you need in the container, most cases in one bottle. During your normal service interval, which should be every 15,000 miles or 300 hours, whichever comes first, simply replace the water filter with a new, uncharged filter and add the proper amount (8-ounces per 5 gallons of capacity) of RMI-25 to replace any additives which may have worn out. If you prefer to test the system for ph, you can do so with ph test strips; if the reading is acidic, you need to add RMI-25 to the system. You should ideally maintain an 8.2 to a 10.0 reading, which is in the neutral range. You cannot over-treat RMI-25, so there is no danger of creating damage to the system like the other SCAs on the market can! Once you have performed this procedure and have incorporated it into your maintenance program, you are protected for the next 15,000 miles/300 hours of service….and, you get the extra protection of keeping the system clean, something no other product that we know of does! Using RMI-25 is so incredibly simple…..just “pour it in and drive away!”
A TOTAL POUR IN & DRIVE AWAY PRODUCT
In terms of economics; It is a total pour in/drive-away system which extends antifreeze life, extends oil life, extends water filter life and has no disposal costs when used with water* only. There is no downtime, just pour it in and drive away! These features combine to make RMI-25 a very COST-SAVING, economical cooling system product which works while you drive. With proper scheduled maintenance, because of heat control, the engine and automatic transmission life will also be extended for an even greater return on your investment.
- NON-TOXIC, BIODEGRADABLE:
- NO DISPOSAL COSTS WHEN BLENDED WITH WATER* ONLY
- NO HANDLING LIABILITY
- NO GLOVES, NO APRONS, ETC.
- REDUCE ANTIFREEZE COSTS BY 50% OR MORE:
- ETHYLENE GLYCOL DOESN’T WEAR OUT. ONLY THE INHIBITORS DETERIORATE. RMI-25 REPLACES THESE INHIBITORS AND ADDS MORE BENEFICIAL ADDITIVES WHICH EXTEND THE ANTIFREEZE LIFE.
- EXTENDED ANTIFREEZE LIFE MEANS LESS HAZARDOUS WASTE DISPOSAL LIABILITY, COSTS & LABOR.
- REDUCE WATER FILTER COSTS BY 75% – 80%:
- BY KEEPING YOUR SYSTEM CLEAN, RMI-25 GIVES YOU LONGER FILTER LIFE.
- ON LARGE EQUIPMENT, WITH RMI-25 YOU SAVE MONEY BY USING UNTREATED WATER FILTERS.
- EIGHT PRODUCTS IN ONE:
- WATER WETTER
- OXYGEN SCAVENGER
- LEAK DETECTOR (BLACK LIGHT) DYE
- COMPLETE COOLING SYSTEM CARE AND PROTECTION:
- ELIMINATE NECESSITY FOR ROD-OUTS
- ELIMINATE COSTLY DOWN-TIME
- SAVE ON LINER REPLACEMENT COSTS
- CLEANS AND PROTECTS ENGINE BLOCKS, RADIATORS, HEATER CORES, THERMOSTATS, LINERS, ETC., AGAINST RUST, CORROSION, AND PITTING
- MULTI-FUNCTION PRODUCT:
- RMI-25 INHIBITS NEW COOLING SYSTEMS AND PROTECTS AGAINST ELECTROLYSIS AND CAVITATION
- RMI-25 CLEANS/DESCALES THE SYSTEMS IN USED EQUIPMENT AND THEN AUTOMATICALLY INHIBITS THE SYSTEM FROM RUST AND CORROSION AFTER IT IS CLEAN
- SAVE ON FUEL, OIL AND EQUIPMENT REPLACEMENT COST:
- PROPER ENGINE TEMPERATURE EXTENDS ENGINE LIFE AND LOWERS FUEL COSTS
- PROPER TRANSMISSION OIL COOLER TEMPERA-TURE EXTENDS AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION LIFE
- LOWER TEMPERATURE EXTENDS ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION OIL LIFE
*When using plain water, always make sure to use distilled or mineral-free water.